Online financial security is one of the most sensitive data we deal with every day. Since it has become the need of time, we can not stay away from giving our data online on different websites, but we need to take some steps to ensure we stay safe during online transactions.
Some people feel safe while giving out information, but some are reluctant to give out sensitive information. There has been an increase in online thefts, and that is why we have made a list of ways to prevent yourself from online thefts. It includes not sharing your personal information, OTP SMS service, protecting your passwords, and many more ways to stay safe on the internet.
Here are some tips to stay safe on the internet:
1. Try to avoid giving out personal information. If you get a random call on your phone or an email asking for your personal information, it should ring some alarm bells. If anyone calls you asking you for your personal information, don't give out your information if it's not from a trusted person or a trusted company.
2. Never use public wi-fi for your online transactions. Try to do your online banking at home instead of using wi-fi at airports or public places. You should not access money using this wi-fi as this is why an increase in online thefts is seen.
3. Protect your PINs and passwords. Although some people write their passwords down somewhere to help them remember them, don't do that. Use different combinations of numbers and letters to make a strong password that will increase online banking security.
4. Additionally, the OTP SMS service is also one solution to secure yourself from online thefts. Using one time passwords for sign-ups, attempting a transaction, or logging in allows confirmation of user identity. The best way to do it is to attach a verified phone number to your accounts. It helps reduce your cost and also give you peace of mind and ensure satisfied online transactions.
5. Before you throw away your receipts, make sure to shred them. We all are guilty of just throwing our tickets without tearing them just because of laziness. However, because each pass is sorted before it gets recycled, you might be giving away sensitive information without even realizing it. Even if you don't have a shredder, it doesn't matter to tear it apart before throwing any necessary receipts away.
6. It will be best if you always ask your bank to provide you a copy of all the transactions made on your credit card. It will help you to identify any suspicious transactions or transactions that are not made by you.
7. Nowadays, we need to download different applications for everything. But make sure to stay careful when you download these applications on your phone. Some frauds are happening these days, and some applications contain malware software that will hack your phone and see all the vital information on your phone. So be careful when you download applications, especially if it is not from a trusted provider.
8. Always make sure to protect your computer, laptop, or iPads from viruses by downloading anti-virus software. It will help your essential information from getting leaked and protect your online transactions from any frauds which you might not be aware of.
9. Lock your credit scores. We understand that whenever you use the internet for your shopping or any transactions, you always believe that your credit score is stolen; therefore, make sure to always lock this to protect yourself.
10. Lastly, if you feel anything suspicious is taking place, always trust your feelings and report it to cybercrime as soon as possible. In case you were wrong, it won't harm anyone, but if you are right about someone taking advantage of your online transactions, you and all your important information will stay safe. You might even get your money back, which is stolen!
While staying away from online transactions is impossible, the need to protect your online information is increasing day by day. Since online thefts and fraud are also on the rise, you should always try to avoid protection.
It is also more convenient to use online transactions since it is just a click away, and most of the time, you don't even have to go out of the house to get money. So remember to take these small but significant measures to protect yourself from such events in the long run and stay connected to the future from today!