Video playback error code 224003 occurs when you try to play a video using any of such browsers (Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or other browsers). The error hurdle the users from watching their favorite video thereby flashing this error on the screen.
The error appears with a small message stating “this video file cannot be played. (Error Code: 224003)”. However, the error needs to be handled as soon as possible.
Hereby, in this blog, we have covered all the crucial points related to this particular error including the causes along with its effective solution. So, go through this blog thoroughly to get rid of this error problem. But before proceeding directly towards the solution, have a quick ride over the causes occurring such an error.
What Causes “This Video File Cannot Be Played. (Error Code: 224003)”?
Well, there can be various reasons that trigger such error. However, some of them are highlighted below:
- Slow or Insufficient Internet- Firstly, if your device is not receiving ample or strong internet then it is possible that you may come across such error. As for a smooth video play, you need to have strong and sufficient network connectivity.
- Outdated Browser Version- Secondly, if you are running an outdated browser then you can get this error issue. As with time, browsers starts developing internal issues that may end up giving you such error.
- Antivirus Restriction- Another reason occurring this error on your device is Firewall or Antivirus programs. The firewall or antivirus program may take some videos as a threat or malicious thereby restricting them from playing.
- Overloaded cache & Cookies- If the browser in which you are trying to play a video is full of cache and cookies then you may face this error problem. Overloaded cache & cookies can dysfunction your browser ultimately giving you such error at the end.
- Background Running Applications- Although running unnecessary background applications may consume your internet thereby restricting your video to play. Moreover, too many background applications may decrease your device’s performance by overloading it.
So these are some culprits that cause this error to occur. Now as you are aware of the causes, you can easily make your decision regarding applying the best solution among the various mentioned according to the scenario’s requirement.
How Do I Fix “Error Code 224003 Video File Can’t Be Played”?
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
It has been already mentioned above that internet connection problem is one of the major causes triggering “this video file cannot be played (error code: 224003)”. So, the first thing you have to do is to check the internet connection on your device. You can check your internet connection status by going to Network settings on your system.
If on found unstable or slow, you need to troubleshoot the connection problem by placing the router nearer to the system when you are on Wi-Fi. Also, it is advised to use the wired connection instead of wireless as it serves a strong and sufficient connection as compared to the wireless connection.
Moreover, if you are already using a wired connection, then check for the USB cable or port. Sometimes damaged USB cable or port may get you into such error issues. So it is worth checking them. If found damaged or malfunctioned try changing the USB port or replacing the damaged cable with a brand new one to overcome the problem.
Solution 2: Clear Browser Cache
Another solution you can try is to clear your browser cache. This will decrease the load on your browser thereby solving the error problem. For this you need to follow the below steps:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Tap the three dots icon at the top right.
- Next, go for the option Tools.
- Click on the Clear browsing data option there.
- Now, go to the Advanced section and set the Time range to All time.
- Then check the option boxes for Browsing history, Cookies & other site files, cached images & files to clear.
- Finally, click on the option Clear data to remove all the chosen items.
Now your browser is all clear of cache and cookies.
Solution 3: Disable Extensions & Add-ons
Thirdly, you can go for disabling add-ons and extensions to fix “this video file can’t be played error 224003” problem. To do so, follow the below guidelines:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the 3 dots icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Go for theMore Tools option and select the option Extensions.
- Then, click the toggle button to turn off the unnecessary extensions.
- Now, exit the window and relaunch the browser to check for the 224003 video error.
Solution 4: Update the Browser
Lastly, if none of the fixes above works for you to resolve the error problem then go for updating the browser. As not updating the browser for a long duration may also cause such an error to appear. So, here it is suggested to always use the updated version of the browser to avoid meeting such error problems. Follow the below guidelines to update your Chrome browser:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your system.
- Click on the three dots.
- Next, select Help and go for the option About a Google Chrome.
- If you find any update available here, then click on the option Update. This will install the latest version of Chrome automatically.
Well dealing with “this video file cannot be played. (error code: 224003)” is so much annoying as it won’t let you play your favorite video. However, with this blog, you can easily get over the error problem in no time.
I hope the covered solutions will help you overcome the error issue thereby letting you watch your favorite video without any further interruptions.