Uber – a name which has made the lives of people a lot easier. And the majority of taxi owners have adapted Uber like app development for their business. If you don’t like to drive in traffic or keep on looking for a suitable parking spot then taxi booking software services like Uber are just for you. Even individuals who have their own car are readily availing their services. Who wouldn’t like it when you don’t have to worry about the parking situations, maintenance, and servicing of the car as well as keep an eye on the fuel indicator of your vehicle.
This is a significant change from those days of the troublesome traditional cabs when getting a ride was extremely hard and depended a lot on your luck as well as the mood of the taxi driver. Now the whole process has become user-friendly that you just take out your smartphone, tap in a few details and you are all set to go.
Uber has made many things simpler for the people who used to travel by their own cars: –
- No fixed expenses Maintaining a car is a full-time job, with regular expenses to be made on car servicing, washing, and cleaning, repairs and maintenance, paying for insurance, registration, and road tax, handling parking issues and the list keeps on going. With a taxi booking app, there is no need to worry about these issues anymore as these services offer you all the benefits of a personal car sans the hassles.
- No fuel problems– It seems that the fuel prices are soaring by the minute. With taxi booking apps such as Uber, you can save yourself from going crazy after every rise in fuel price gets announced. No need to wait in the queue for your turn. When you use such kind of apps for taxi service, such problems are non-existential for you.
Uber – Just the Name Is Enough?
Uber, having been longer in the game, seems to have figured its way and its app offers premium services for normal rides, ‘share’ their drivers, constantly engaging in price wars. Uber has portrayed itself as someone quite mature and professional as well as innovative about the services they are providing and that may be the reason why many riders still prefer Uber despite several cases which proved to be unfavorable to Uber in the past.
Let’s consider some of the similarities of cabs booked through a taxi booking software:
- Uber is a good employer – Drivers are often seen praising the companies they work for. Drivers are very pleased with the option that allows riders to tip them through the app for driver service. Drivers working for Uber responded positively to the fact that Uber encouraged them to go out during surge pricing periods so as to earn more money. Drivers working for both the apps often feel that the user interface of Uber is quite easier to handle.
- App-based taxi services are cheaper – The services are cheaper than owning your own car. If you are traveling long distances, these services are your messiah. With no worries about fuel costs and constant price wars between both the companies trying to lure the customers with lower prices, it’s definitely a win-win situation for the riders.
- Insurance – Uber has made it mandatory for all its drivers to have car insurance. Further, it will keep the option of insurance open for its employees only while the app is on. Uber has also undertaken to provide the drivers with supplemental insurance coverage. When the app for driver service is off, the driver is to be covered by his/her own personal car insurance.
To Give up Your Car or Not Just Yet?
Now, whether you should opt for such app-based taxi services or get/keep your own car depends on your preferences. Following are a few points that you should definitely consider: –
- If you have to cover shorter distances every day, then such kind of service may not be worth it. Many people have found it useful when they have to cover long distances under reasonable fares. But for short rides, the minimum fare just does not justify the duration of the ride.
- Your flexibility of going out anytime anywhere isn’t hindered much, you can book a ride anytime and commute to your destination. However, a simple task of visiting the nearest grocery store multiple times a day can be done by your own car. Or if you want to cherish a long drive with your significant other, it can only be enjoyed in your own car!
- If you are out late night partying with your friends and have to find a way to get back home, Uber is there for you. You don’t have to worry about getting behind the wheels in an inebriated state and risk your life. Adopting the role of a responsible citizen has been made much easier with the help of such apps based services.
Now it’s up to you as to what you prefer: Your own car which you can use according to your whims or a ride-sharing service which you use only when you need to go out for a specific purpose. What is it going to be? Uber often plays the role of your own independent ride that will take you wherever you want. The decision is entirely yours to take.