Fast and reliable internet service has become as crucial as gas and electricity. Thus, internet service providers played a crucial role in today’s economy. They are the bridge between people and the internet. In Australia, they are a mandatory element of everyday life. This is the reason why many independent consumer organizations check out ISPs and WiFi plans, then rate them accordingly.
So, who is the best NBN provider in Australia? Here’s how to find it.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BEST NBN PROVIDER
We need to look for certain parameters that make up the best NBN service provider. The most common characteristics of the best ISP are:
Consistency should be the number 1 characteristic of the best NBN provider. An ISP must be consistent in providing fast and reliable internet service. There should be minimal downtime on the NBN plans they provide. The latency and speed of their connection should not fluctuate.
Provides Affordable Plans
The best NBN service provider should offer a WiFi subscription at the most affordable cost. This means that they should offer the best value for money spent by Australian households. They should offer the cheapest plans with faster internet speed. They should also offer add-ons, free add-ons, and no termination fees.
Provides Excellent Speed and Technology
Australia's NBN plans are divided into different tiers. Each tier dictates the maximum internet speed an ISP provider can guarantee on a WiFi plan. The 6 NBN tiers in Australia are:
- NBN 12 with a maximum download speed of 12 Mbps and upload speed of 1 Mbps.
- NBN 25 with a maximum download speed of 25 Mbps and upload speed of 5 Mbps.
- NBN 50 with a maximum download speed of 50 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps.
- NBN 100 with a maximum download speed of 100 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps.
- NBN 250 with a maximum download speed of 250 Mbps and upload speed of 25 Mbps.
- NBN 1000 with a maximum download speed of 1000 Mbps and upload speed of 25 Mbps.
There are also different types of NBN technology based on locations. These are either HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), fibre, fixed wireless, and sky muster satellite.
- HFC uses a mix of copper and fibre cable to provide internet service. This technology has a limited return path making it susceptible to fluctuating internet speed.
- Fibre uses optic cables that allow greater bandwidth among internet connections. Today, this type of technology is the fastest and most reliable in Australia.
- Fixed Wireless uses radio waves to bring the internet to Australian households. This type of internet technology is not as stable as fibre. It is commonly affected by weather such as fog and rain.
- Sky Muster Satellite is the latest internet technology getting signals from lasers beamed by satellite nodes. They guarantee internet coverage in far-flung areas. But since they are relatively new, satellite WiFi plans are expensive.
The best NBN service provider in Australia must offer excellent speed and technology. The average number of household members in Australia is around 2 to 3 persons. Offering WiFi plans under the NBN50 tier and up is one parameter of a good ISP. In addition, using fibre technology makes their services great.
Offers Outstanding Service and Support
This is a very important characteristic when looking for the best ISP provider. We will all experience downtime with our internet services. Sometimes, we may encounter problems with our bills or plan add-ons. The best NBN provider provides 24/7 customer support. Their technical team should be knowledgeable enough to give the best assistance among Australian households. Their service representatives must be willing to go the extra mile to resolve customer issues.
The best NBN plan provider in Australia is one that offers consistent excellent internet speed and technology at affordable cost and good customer support.